Discuss the Policy
|Make a change||Cancel the policy|
Update the payment
|Insured person listed on policy|
|Third Party Payer*|
All callers must pass Data Protection on the Policyholder before discussing the policy.
*Can only make changes related to their card
**Authorised person must be listed on the policy by the Policyholder
For information about how we intend to safeguard your data please see the information below.
- About Us
- What information we collect
- When we collect your data
- How we use your data
- Who has access to your data
- Legal basis for using your information
- Retaining your information
- Security of your information
- Your legal rights
- Related notices and terms
- Changes to this policy
1. About Us
Gadgetbuddy.com is a trading style of ROCK Insurance Services Limited (ROCK) who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA number 300317).
References to “our Website” or “the Website” are to https://gadgetbuddy.com/
ROCK acts as Data Controller, which means that we determine the way in which your data is used (as described in this privacy notice).
2. What information we collect
We collect personal data and special category data as part of providing services to you. We may also monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications in accordance with UK law.
Types of Data we collect
- Name including first name and surnames of all persons named on the policy
- Location information including address and telephone information
- Identifiable numbers including credit/debit card details, gadget serial number and IMEI
- Online identifiers including IP address, email and social media
We will also assign you a policy number which we will record alongside your other personal details.
If you provide us with details relating to other individuals, please ensure that you have those individuals’ consent to provide their personal data. It is your responsibility to make them aware that we will use those details for the purposes of the relevant insurance policy or services. Please direct them to this privacy notice if they require more information.
Some information is necessary in order to provide you with the service you expect, if you do not provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to offer you the applicable insurance policy.
3. When we collect your data
We will collect your personal data when:
- You ask for a quote
- You make enquiries through a price comparison website
- You purchase our products and services or those provided by our service partners
- You make general enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You respond to communications or surveys
- You make a complaint
- You need to make a claim
If your data is not collected on a website that is part of ROCK insurance Group, it will be passed to us by the retailer or price comparison website so that we can administer your policy
4. How we use your data
To provide you with a quote
- Completing your purchase including taking payment, providing payment confirmation and sending you your certificate of insurance
- Carrying out any amendments to your policy at your request including cancelling, providing a refund (where permitted), referring to an underwriter, answering queries or handling a complaint
- Verifying your identity when required including validating the policy for a claim or assistance
- To offer policy renewal
- Assessing sales performance and providing sales and claims management information to the Insurer
- Making sure that we are safeguarding your interests through quality assessments, training and competency, customer surveys and staff feedback
- Engaging with you in relation to your existing quote and/or policy, it’s expiry and requesting you to provide feedback on your experiences
- Keeping you informed of our latest offers and products
5. Who has access to your data
ROCK uses a number or third parties to provide and administer your insurance. This includes:
- The Insurer, Underwriter, Underwriting Agent, Claims and Assistance Handlers in order to administer your policy. See your policy wording for their details.
- Instanda, F2X Group PLC for the provision of some technology services.
- Paysafe for payment services.
- Feefo for customer reviews.
- Pure360 for sending emails.
- Google Analytics for tracking website use.
- Legal Authorities such as the Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Ombudsman Service, Information Commissioners Officer, Department of Social Security and HM Revenue and Customs on request.
- Aptean Limited who provide the complaint handling system
- Mitel Networks Limited who provide the telephony and call recording
It is our aim to use only providers who will ensure your data is processed in the UK or European Union (EU) to provide a high standard of data protection. However we accept that we work in a global environment and cannot completely limit the transfer of data. Where data is transferred outside the UK or EU we require it to be protected according to the applicable laws.
6. Legal basis for use of your information
We must make sure that there is an appropriate lawful reason for us to process your data. These legal bases are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different conditions for the activities we carry out.
Necessary for the performance of contract:
Providing a quote
Completing a purchase and providing payment confirmation and a certificate of insurance
Taking payment (card or direct debit)
Amending your policy
Answering a query about a policy
Cancelling a policy and providing a refund if applicable
Referring cover outside terms and conditions to the insurer
Validating a policy for a claim
Offering a policy renewal
Processing sales obtained by an API
Sending policy information to insurer
Contacting you if there is an issue with your policy
We have a legal obligation to:
Quality assessments including staff feedback
Managing training & competency of our staff including feedback
Assessing sales indicators
Including policy information in reports
Necessary in our legitimate interests or those of a third party:
Providing sales and claims management information to the underwriter
Sending backing data for commission statements
Communicating about your policy
Conducting customer surveys through review sites
Where we process your data using your consent:
We will send you important information about your policy, including your Certificate of Insurance and renewal notices where applicable.
We will send you additional information about your policy so that you have all of the information you need to be able to use and understand your policy.
Contact us here if you also want to opt out of this process.
We will only send you additional information about our products and services if you choose to opt in to that activity during the purchase of a policy. You can always opt out later if you change your mind.
Contact us here if you also want to opt out of this process.
7. Retaining your information
Your personal data shall be retained as long as needed for the authorised purposes listed in section 4. This includes retention of some personal data following the end of our relationship with you, for example to resolve any potential disputes and for ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, to maintain records of our services, and otherwise to comply with our legal obligations and to defend our legal rights. We keep any data used to create a quote for 14 days. If you purchase a policy from us all policy data is kept for 7 years from its end/expiry or cancellation. All other correspondence and voice recordings will be retained for 8 years.
Please contact us if you need further information about our retention periods.
8. Security of your information
We regularly review the technical and organisational security measures we have in place on our information and communications systems in order to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal information. We also use industry standard security to encrypt sensitive data in transit to our servers.
Communications sent through our website, email or social media, rely on the internet which is a publicly hosted network and is therefore not secure unless the site has been encrypted. ROCK cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
ROCK has deployed an adequate procedure to identify and communicate any incident of data breach within a delay of 24 hours and to resolve it within a reasonable delay.
Further information about security measures we apply to communications sent by email or over our website is available on request
9. Your Legal Rights
You have the following Individual Rights:
The right of access to your data and to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please contact us here and we will acknowledge your email within 48 hours. We will not charge you for this request and we will make sure that you receive your information within 28 days.
The right to request that we correct any inaccurate data. Please contact us here and we will take action to correct the data and confirm to you once this has been done.
The right to ask us to erase any data that we hold. Please contact us here. Your request will then be considered and we will write to you by email to inform you of the outcome of our decision and any actions that we will take.
The right to withdraw consent to your data being used to receive direct marketing communications. You can opt out here.
The right to ask us to transfer your data to a new provider. You can make this request here.
The right to complain about how your data is being collected, used or stored. You can complain by clicking here. Alternatively you can contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
FAO Sarah Hall-Strutt, Data Protection Officer
Rock Insurance Services Limited
Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ
Telephone: 0333 202 5670
If you are dissatisfied with the response then you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioners Office. Please visit https://ico.org.uk/ for further information about how to do this.
10. Related notices and terms
Terms relating to your insurance policy (where relevant) are provided separately by us and can be found in your Policy Wording
11. Changes to this policy
From time to time we may need to change the way we use your personal data. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will write to you. When we do so, you will have 60 days to object to the change.